Signs of an Insect or Pest Infestation
Trees are honest folk. To a tree expert, there is no hiding the signs of distress or infestation. Some signs include:
If you have a bark beetle, maple bug, box elder bug, aphid, or tent caterpillar infestation on your large trees, it’s time to call in an arbor care tree service immediately for treatment to fix your tree! An infestation is a sure sign that your tree is in distress, and whether it’s for an emerald ash borer or sick tree, having someone come in to spray your trees for insects and pests is critical to preserving the tree. However, once we have the infestation under control, proper fertilization and soil improvement is critical to the tree's resistance against future insect infestations.
- Curled or discolored leaves
- Visible holes in the bark
- Tree rotting or decay in the wood
- Tree blight caused by fungus
- Sap being secreted and dripping, causing spots to appear around the tree